- Send self-destructing email messages"Send an email that automatically expires or disappears after it's viewed with ten self-destructing email services."
- Ask the Readers: Sorting vacation email buildup?"What's your email triage approach in the face of an avalanche of unanswered messages?"
- Useful Thunderbird tweaks"Set Thunderbird to top-post on replies, display threaded conversations (ala Gmail), add a default CC, and add all incoming message from: addresses to your contacts..."
- Turn mailing lists into an RSS feed"Here's how you can read mailing lists in any newsreader and still search 'em within Gmail."
- Microsoft Outlook Tip: Automatically archive old email"Sick of hitting your email server's space limit every month and having to clean out old messages manually?"
- Disposable email addresses with 10 Minute Mail"Ten Minute Mail offers free email addresses that last for only 10 minutes—perfect for forums and signing up for porn sites that you think will sell your email address."
- How Do You Handle "Bacn"?"It's not spam, it's bacn."
- Stop Being a Slave to Your Email"Professionals often feel buried under their email, but time management experts say there are ways to avoid feeling swamped."
The Email Roundup
Trending Stories Right Now
roanokecollege/Flickr Even if they haven't gone so far as to get formal self-defence training, many people (particularly women) have considered what strategies they'd deploy if they were attacked by a stranger. A popular thought is that one would use an object on your person as a weapon of defence - like keys, for instance.
Over the past few months, the most exciting thing in smartphone news has been Samsung's foldable 'Galaxy X' - an all-new product category that has the potential to transform mobile computing. In response, Apple appears to be fast-tacking plans to release a rival product of its own. No, really. The US Patent and Trademark Office just awarded a new foldable phone patent to Apple with a curious magnetic hinge. In other words, the battle is on. Here are the details.