Top Stories Small Business
- Identity Swap: How To Make It As An Independent Illustrator
- Should Australian Pub And Restaurant Workers Be Tipped?
- Is It Legal To Write A Negative Online Review About A Business?
- What Now For The NBN?
- The NBN: Why It's Slow, Expensive And Obsolete
- How To Work From Home In The School Holidays (Without Going Insane)
The holiday period can be one of the most profitable times of the year for online retailer, but research shows that up to 80 per cent of all retailers are not prepared to face the challenges presented by this year’s annual Christmas rush. The survey, done by shipping software company Temando, looked at over 200 Australian micro, small, mid-sized and enterprise level retailers, but focussed mainly on small retailers — who out of all the groups were the least likely to be adequately prepared for Christmas shipping.
On Friday October 30, Australia’s first legal, regulated Uber launched in the ACT. As yet, it is the only Australian territory to have legalised — and regulated — the controversial ridesharing service, yet UberX continues to operate in other states across Australia. With recent talk of federal politicians potentially being allowed to use Uber for business, it seems like Uber is here to stay.