Top Stories Security
- Why You Should Care More About Your Smartphone's Security
- A Beginner's Guide To Encryption: What It Is And How To Set It Up
- How To Stop Google Using Your Phone To Log Every Place That You Go
- It's No Surprise Anymore: Your Data Is Never Safe Online
- Build A Cheap Home Automation System In 10 Minutes With Ninja Blocks
- How To Follow Someone Without Getting Caught
It used to be tracking down malicious programs was a simple matter of firing up Task Manager, looking for any unusual processes and cleaning them out manually. These days, viruses and Trojans are not only more sophisticated, but creative in hiding their presence. CrowdInspect is one tool that can make it easier to identifying nefarious apps, using a variety of scanning APIs.
Android: If you have an old Android phone or tablet lying around, Dormi is a new app that turns those old devices into smart baby monitors or remote speakers.
iPhone: If you’re worried that someone might be snooping on your phone when you leave it unattended, Catchr is an app that allows you to see what apps were opened and closed when you left your phone sitting around.