Top Stories Security
- Lifehacker 101: How To Choose The Right VPN In Australia
- Lifehacker 101: Smart Locks
- Google's New Smart Lock Is The Password Manager For The Rest Of Us
- The 10 Worst Android Apps For Draining Your Smartphone's Battery
- Hola Better Internet Sells Your VPN Bandwidth To Botnets
- Google Settings Is A Super-Useful Android App You've Missed
Garage door systems aren’t much use if they can be opened easily with a hacked child’s toy. Unfortunately, however, many garage door openers are vulnerable. This video can help you determine if yours is, and what to do if it is.
Ah, the unintentional group email. Perhaps it was a joke in poor taste, or something meant for select individuals, but more than likely, you’ve never sent anything too important to the wrong people. Certainly not anything on the scale of Woolworths’ recent gaffe, where it fired off an email to over a thousand people containing a spreadsheet with personal details and gift voucher links.
Google has several ways of managing different aspects of your account. The new My Account page is a hub of useful tools that you can tweak to modify the security or privacy of your account. It even has a Security Checkup and Privacy Checkup to quickly audit your settings.
Hola Better Internet is a popular Chrome extension that allows you to watch blocked content overseas. However, there’s something more nefarious going on behind the scenes: the company is selling the bandwidth of Hola users to anyone with money to buy, effectively turning its users into a botnet for hire.