Top Stories Communicate
- Five Habits Of Truly Effective Communicators
- Five Reasons Your Presentation Is Letting You And Your Audience Down
- The Hidden Benefits Of Talking To Strangers
- If Facebook is Making You Unhappy, You're Doing It Wrong
- The Tricks Used By Anti-Science Trolls
- The Secret Samsung Galaxy Test Code To Fix Your Broken Screen
Hi Lifehacker, I’ve recently moved to a town in Queensland that has no available ports for ADSL in the nearest exchange. I’m paying too much for a Wi-Fi hotspot and am scared of using it as I’m charged for every MB over my miniscule data allowance. What other options are there? How long might I have to wait?
The recent furore about the Facebook Messenger app has unearthed an interesting question: how far are we willing to allow our privacy to be pushed for our social connections? In the case of the Facebook Messenger app, the answer appears to be: “Not as far as Facebook thinks.”
Hi Lifehacker, There have been a lot of stories recently from the US about customers recording calls to demonstrate how bad customer service can be. I’m wondering if it’s legal to do that in Australia.
Trapped in a “cult of busy”, you tell your friends you can’t meet up, and they have probably said the same thing to you. It happens. But to maintain that strong bond, you need to stop guilt-tripping each other.
Shyness might be a habit you can get over, and you need to do that to build your personal brand. But first you need to understand what you are shy about and then stick to areas of comfort.