Top Stories Communicate
- Greet Your Audience At The Door Before You Start Your Next Speech
- Why Double Data Mobile Offers Should Be Treated With Caution
- How I Learned To Stop Nagging My Kids And Start Motivating Them
- Five Things Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Confidence
- How To Get Into Exclusive Parties And Clubs Without An Invitation
- How To Manage Your Seething Rage Productively
The Coalition government has taken a severe credibility hit after switching its policy on Gonski school funding from “we support it” to “actually, we don’t support it” (AKA lying right before the election). Whatever your politics, it’s a textbook example of how being accurate with your language usage is important.
Public speaking isn’t easy, so it helps to have every trick in the book at your disposal to beat your fear. The next time you have to speak in front of an audience, you might want to introduce yourself to them at the door, suggests Dumb Little Man.
Yep, we’re still on the hunt for Lifehacker Awards nominations. This afternoon, we want your thoughts on the best mobile OS.
iOS: Tweetbot is our favourite Twitter app on the iPhone. Today it updated with a few new features, including a new night mode and better account switching.
Imperial units are confusing, needlessly complex and absurdly difficult to work with. And yet, the world’s biggest superpower continues to embrace this archaic system of measurement (re-dubbed “United States customary units”.) They can even be quite touchy about it, as Head Squeeze host Matt Parker learned during a post about the A4 paper scale. Undeterred, Parker hit back at his detractors with a hilariously straight-faced “defense” of the system. Unleash the barleycorns of war…