Top Stories Business Travel
- How The Qantas-Emirates Deal Changes Luggage Allowances And Frequent Flyer Points
- You Can't Opt Out Of Airport Body Scans In Australia
- Ways To Avoid Stupid Travel Money Expenses
- Lifehacker's 2012 Australian International Terminal Changeover Guide
- Perth 4G Battle: Airport Slaughter
- Can You Survive In New York Using Just Free Wi-Fi?
Qantas has been conducting experiments with in-flight Wi-Fi for some time, but we’re yet to see any ongoing services. And now it seems clear that we won’t be getting any on flights to the US, with Qantas abandoning its trial of in-flight Wi-Fi on A380 services.
Dear Lifehacker, I’m about to hit the road to visit my family over the Christmas break. It’s a really long trip, and since I won’t be driving, I’d like to make the most of the time without going crazy from boredom. I could play video games or rip some movies, but that gets tedious after a few hours. I want something that works my brain a little more. Do you have any tips or ideas? Thanks, Backseat Boredom
Alongside Melbourne and Sydney, Perth is the third Australian capital to have rival 4G LTE services from both Telstra and Optus. When it comes to performance, there’s actually a clear winner, but the main lesson continues to be that 4G services vary hugely in the performance they can offer — even within the radius of a block.