Top Stories windows
- How To Virtualise Android On Your PC So You Can Try Before You Buy
- Lifehacker Pack For Windows 2014: The Essential Windows Apps
- How Scrivener Helped Me Organise All My Writing
- How To Make Windows 8's Start Screen Actually Useful
- Your Hadoop Big Data Lake Still Needs A Database River
- The Easiest Way To Install Android's ADB And Fastboot Tools On Any OS
Windows/Mac: We’re fans of Hemingway because it makes it easy to glance at a block of text and edit it by highlighting all your syntax. Now, the webapp is available for Windows and Mac.
You probably know that you can run a desktop operating system in a virtual machine for testing. You can do the same thing for Android, and it’s a great way to test out a phone before you buy it. Here’s how to set it up.
A few days ago the ongoing topic of Chrome’s poor handling of Windows’ system timer once again reared its head, specifically how its mistreatment has a noticeable, detrimental effect on battery life. Two years after the bug was pointed out on Chromium’s issue tracker, it’s finally being poked at by the company’s developers.
Windows is a big operating system that caters to a billion and a half people. As such, there are a lot of components built in that you might not necessarily need. There’s actually a place where you can remove many components of Windows if you don’t need them, to lighten your computer’s load.