Top Stories windows
- The Complete Guide To Avoiding (And Removing) Windows Crapware
- Find Out If You've Installed Microsoft's Corrupted Hotfixes
- There Won't Be A Windows 8.1 Update 2
- Troubleshoot Bad Windows Installs With The GEGeek Tech Toolkit
- How To Virtualise Android On Your PC So You Can Try Before You Buy
- Lifehacker Pack For Windows 2014: The Essential Windows Apps
No one likes to be told what to do, so why should your Chromebook follow the rules? Well, it’ll have to abide but whatever physics dictates, but when it comes to running Android apps, there is a way to convince it (and other operating systems) to play ball, if you’re willing to do a little legwork. Well, fingerwork.
PC gaming has a lot going for it, but figuring out if your computer can run a particular game is still hard to decipher. Can You Run It simplifies the process and tells you whether your computer is up to the task.
Windows has a lot going for it, but it’s also saddled with one of computing’s biggest annoyances: crapware. Here’s everything you need to know about identifying, avoiding and removing unwanted software from your system.
Windows 9 is still far enough away that it’s worth persisting with Windows 8.1, rather than digging out your Windows 7 DVD (or downloading to disc image) and going backwards in time. If you’re still not satisfied with the operating system’s reworked user interface, you might be able to solve a few of your problems with a new tool called ModernUI Tuner.
We recently covered Microsoft’s lesser-known Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) that adds protection against malware. Microsoft recently upgraded it to version 5.0 with even more protection against Internet nasties.