Top Stories windows
- You Can Now License Windows Per User, Not Per Machine
- When Windows 10 Will Be Released (And How To Plan For It)
- How To Unlock Hidden Settings In Your Favourite Software
- Windows 10 Technical Preview Gets Its First Major Update
- What Will Happen With Windows Server In 2015?
- Yes, Some ATMs Run Windows, But Don't Panic
A new version of DisplayFusion is out, with heaps of new online wallpaper sources (including Astronomy Picture of the Day, Google+, Facebook and Imgur), along with improvements for monitor splitting. The update is free for DisplayFusion Pro users, and new licences are 40 per cent off through the holidays.
Windows/Android: ADB and fastboot are two immensely powerful tools. If you’re new to using them, or just want to simplify the process a bit, Universal ADB Helper can make certain tasks a snap.
Windows/Mac/Linux: Google’s Android Studio is out of beta, replacing Eclipse as the standard for Android application development. Aspiring Android app developers: Eclipse is still good to know, but start learning Android Studio 1.0 now.
Windows/Mac/Linux: Khan Academy is very useful for learning about computer science, maths, and many other subjects. If you’d rather learn without being tied to an internet connection, KA Lite allows you to manage and view downloaded Khan Academy videos.
Windows/Mac with Android: AirDroid is the best way to manage your Android phone from the web, and the latest iteration brings a desktop app with a few new features — most notably the ability to control your phone right from your PC.