Top Stories windows
- Find Out If You've Installed Microsoft's Corrupted Hotfixes
- There Won't Be A Windows 8.1 Update 2
- Troubleshoot Bad Windows Installs With The GEGeek Tech Toolkit
- How To Virtualise Android On Your PC So You Can Try Before You Buy
- Lifehacker Pack For Windows 2014: The Essential Windows Apps
- How Scrivener Helped Me Organise All My Writing
Android/Windows: Pushbullet is easily one of our favourite cross-platform syncing tools, and today it gets a little better. Now the service includes universal copy and paste (if you use Android and Windows, of course).
Parallels, already well-regarded as a solution for running Windows on Mac hardware, has updated to version 10. New features in this release include support for the forthcoming Yosemite Mac OS X update release and a number of enterprise enhancements.
If over the past few days you’ve been confronted with an unhealthy amount of crashes or blue-screens and recently updated your Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 system, you might have inadvertently grabbed a corrupted hotfix or two from Microsoft. The suspect files have since been removed for download, but that doesn’t help you if you’ve already applied them. Here’s how you can find out if you’re affected and if so, what you need to do.