Top Stories windows
- Windows 10 Will Ban Bloatware To Reduce Recovery Image Sizes
- Discover Intimate Details About Your Solid State Drives With SSD-Z
- Windows 10 Updates To Be Delivered Via P2P
- How To Test Your PC For The New 'Superfish' Security Vulnerability
- Windows XP Still Refuses To Die
- The Best Chromecast Apps (2015 Edition)
System tweakers are familiar with CPU-Z and GPU-Z. While made by different developers, the “Z” universally signifies a lightweight utility for querying the capabilities of your PC’s hardware — in this case your processor and graphics card. You can now add SSD-Z to the bunch for giving your SSD a quick quiz.
Windows: Programs that “freeze” Windows are great for testing new software without risking your system. Each time you reboot, all the changes (including viruses) are erased. ToolWiz is another system restore utility, but this free program adds password protection.