- The Five Worst Things About Working In IT Support
- Jerry Seinfeld's Advice On Time Management And Persistence
- How Your Diet Affects Your Mental Health
- Top 10 Mind Hacks To Help You Save More Money
- Don't Be Scared Of Using Git As A General Purpose Backup Solution
- The Biggest Pitfalls Of Long-Term Goals (And How To Beat Them)
Windows: Dexpot is an awesome tool that brings virtual desktops — similar to Mac OS X’s Spaces — to Windows. It has just updated with a host of new features including full screen previews, lots of smoothness and multi-monitor support.
Mac: Divvy, the awesome app that splits up and organises your windows for maximum productivity, is 50 per cent off in the Mac App Store right now at only $7.49.
Mac: One of the benefits of being a cross-platform kind of person is that you get to use the best features of multiple operating systems in your workflow. Unfortunately, the ability to snap windows to the side of the screen and shake to minimise aren’t available in Mac OS, but iSnap is a utility that duplicates them on the Mac nicely.
Windows: reSizer is a tiny utility that moves, resizes, repositions and tweaks the appearance of open applications and windows with keyboard commands and hotkeys. As long as the app is running, you don’t need to take your hands off the keyboard just to reposition one window next to another or change the transparency of the window on top.