Top Stories virtualisation
- vCloud Air Australia Pitches Into The Hybrid Cloud Wars
- How To Safely Test Software Without Messing Up Your System
- VMware vCloud Air In Australia: Everything You Need To Know
- How To Virtualise Android On Your PC So You Can Try Before You Buy
- Could Game Of Thrones On The Oculus Rift Spark An Arcade Resurgence?
- Is SDN Ready For The Enterprise?
Some five months after announcing its plans for an Australian-hosted version of its vCloud Air (vCA) platform, VMware has officially launched the cloud service down under. Will the large base of existing vSphere installations be enough to make it a contender for hybrid cloud installations?
For a while it appeared development on Oracle’s virtualisation product, VirtualBox, had all but ceased. The start of April however has seen it given a new lease on life, with the company releasing a beta version of 5.0, packed with new features and improvements.
VMware is due to launch its vCloud Air platform in Australia sometime in the first half of this year. One potentially intriguing addition to the platform: rival service Google Cloud Platform.