Top Stories tweaks
- De-Mystifying The Dark Corners Of Windows: The Registry, DLLs And More
- How To Tweak Windows 10 And Fix Its Minor Annoyances
- Your TV's Advanced Picture Settings, Explained
- The Best Jailbreak Apps And Tweaks For iOS 8: Part II
- How To Unlock Hidden Settings In Your Favourite Software
- The Best Apps That Take Advantage Of Yosemite's New Features
If you’re planning on settling in for a weekend movie night over the next few days, you want to make sure that you’re not having to change the volume every minute as the scenes change between quiet dialogue and REALLY LOUD action sequences. Here’s how to fix that problem in a few different ways.
Once upon a time, iOS “just worked” out of the box. But over the years, Apple’s introduced all kinds of features to iOS that most of us don’t want to use. I’ve been an iOS user since the start, and for the first time recently decided to do a clean install instead of loading my settings from a backup. I forgot how many default settings I had to change just to make iOS useable
If your Windows chops extend in any capacity beyond novice, you’ve no doubt encountered the ever-cryptic Windows Registry, DLL files, User Account Control and other tools with seemingly dark and mysterious powers. Here, we’ll explain some of Windows’ most confusing features, so you know exactly what’s happening when you go to edit them.