Top Stories troubleshooting
- The Fiddle Factor: How To Learn Enough To Fix Anything
- Troubleshoot Bad Windows Installs With The GEGeek Tech Toolkit
- How To Get The Best Experience From TeamViewer
- A Step-By-Step Guide To Getting Better Tech Support
- How To Fix The Most Common iMessage Problems
- Five Powerful, Built-In Windows Tools You Might Not Know About
There’s no shortage of system rescue and repair discs you can download and keep handy for when your PC gives you problems, but this one, from reader Paul, is streamlined, simple and has only a few effective tools on it – and no bloat.
Dear Lifehacker, I cannot delete individual text messages for some of the conversations on my iPhone 6s. I hold my finger on them until I see “more”, tap more, and nothing happens! Not only is there no trash can, there isn’t even a circle to check off to the left of the text. I dont want to delete the entire conversation because there are some texts I need to keep. Any suggestions?
If you’ve been toying around with the Raspberry Pi for a while, you’ve likely come across the rainbow coloured splash screen before. There’s a good chance you’ve also seen the more curious version of that, the same rainbow pattern, shrunk down and flashing in the corner of your screen. Here’s what they mean.
Mac: Make a bootable USB flash drive is the easiest (and fastest) way to get the newest version of OS X installed on multiple machines. However, if you still have one sitting around, TidBits found out that an expired certificate file means they won’t work any more.