Top Stories troubleshooting
- How To Troubleshoot The Four Most Common 'Oh S**t' Mac Problems
- How To Use Git As A Running Sheet
- DIY Data Recovery Tricks For When Your Hard Drive Goes Belly Up
- Reduce The Burden Of Tech Support For Your Windows Applications
- The 5 Biggest Myths About Slow PCs
- What To Do When The Hardware Buttons On Your Phone Stop Working
PC troubleshooting and reporting tool Soluto is taking all the information on its users’ crashes, blue screens of death and long boot times to report which laptops perform the best. If you need help knowing which which laptops are the least problematic for users, Soluto is the way to go.
Windows: Reboot Restore RX is a free utility that makes restore points and session saves every time you reboot your computer. If you run into problems, you can restore your system settings to the last time you rebooted and get up and running again quickly.
Android (rooted): Whether you’re troubleshooting a problematic PC or you just prefer working in your own OS, keeping a Linux boot CD or USB key is a great way to take a customised system with you anywhere you go. With DriveDroid, you can use the gadget you carry with you all the time anyway: your Android phone.
Amazon Web Services can run a number of Windows Server platforms (including Windows Server 2012) as virtual machines. A new automated diagnostics tool helps troubleshoot Windows Server VMs, letting managers check a range of parameters that might cause server or application performance issues.