Top Stories troubleshooting
- The Fiddle Factor: How To Learn Enough To Fix Anything
- Troubleshoot Bad Windows Installs With The GEGeek Tech Toolkit
- How To Get The Best Experience From TeamViewer
- A Step-By-Step Guide To Getting Better Tech Support
- How To Fix The Most Common iMessage Problems
- Five Powerful, Built-In Windows Tools You Might Not Know About
Everyone has their own bag of diagnostic tricks when Windows decides to chuck a wobbly. While OS corruption isn’t as big a problem as it used to be thanks to journalled file systems and tools such as System Restore, you can still be caught with your pants down by malware, viruses and other nasties. In those cases, a utility called SFCFix might get you out of trouble where other options fail.
Basic information about your web browser is an important part of troubleshooting computer problems. Yourbrowser.is automatically gathers all the essential information about your browser in an easy-to-ready format.
iOS/Web: When you can’t get to a web site, you can check if it’s down for everyone. If it’s a web service like Facebook or an ISP, Downdetector gives you a status report.
We all know those people who run into technical trouble with their devices and just want them fixed. They’re not interested in learning to help themselves, and you don’t have time to help every time they get an error message. Luckily, there are ways to get them help they can turn to — help that isn’t you. Here’s how.