Top Stories tools
- Most Popular DIY Projects Of 2015
- How To Transform Your Garage Into The Ultimate DIY Workshop
- How To Choose The Perfect Toolbox For Your DIY Needs
- Five Pegboard Alternatives That Make Storing Your Tools A Cinch
- How To Choose The Right Cordless Battery Platform For Your Power Tools
- Get The Most Out Of Your Rotary Tool With These Attachments
While you might be better off sharpening your really nice knives with a water stone, you can easily sharpen your less-expensive knives with a few different grits of sandpaper.
As 3D printing evolves and becomes a more common tool, new companies are sprouting up to refine the process and reinvent the way designers, engineers, and hobbyists work. Formlabs arose from a huge Kickstarter success to create an innovative high-resolution printer with an eye on quality and consistency.
As your woodworking skills expand, you’ll want to consider adding a jointer and a thicknesser to your repertoire of tools. They both treat rough lumber in similar ways, but they aren’t the same tool.
Video: Drilling holes in plasterboard leaves dust and fragments on your floor and skirting boards. Instead of using a power tool for this job, pick up a scratch awl and a hammer to make your hole.
There are a lot of great tools out there for your inner MacGyver, but this DIY belt screwdriver doesn’t take up any pocket space and can hide in plain sight.
When you’re renovating, it’s best to save the trim so you avoid the hassle of having to find a replacement. But first, you have to remove the nails. Here’s a great tip for doing it without damaging your wood.