Top Stories time management
- How To Teach Your Team Efficient Time Management
- Finding Balance Between High Productivity And Burnout
- Productivity 101: A Primer To The Pomodoro Technique
- 10 Lessons I Learned From A Year Of Productivity Experiments
- How To Have A Meeting That Isn't A Complete Waste Of Time
- 10 Tasks You Should Never Put On The Back Burner
Over the last 12 months I have conducted countless productivity experiments on myself, interviewed some of the most productive people in the world, and read a heap of books and academic literature on productivity, all to explore how I could become as productive as possible. This is what I’ve learned.
Managing your time is a struggle for many of us, but author Marie Forleo has a basic, often-overlooked tip to get your schedule under control: Stop looking at time as the enemy. As long as you do, you’ll have an antagonistic relationship with it, and it will always be a source of pain and stress.
If you are always late to appointments, it’s time to change that habit. Learning to embrace downtime can help.
When things get busy, we all have tasks we put off. Sometimes, items end up delayed out of necessity. If you are putting off the right things, it can be a good move to reduce your workload. But if you procrastinate on the wrong tasks, you might be setting yourself up for trouble later. So, what tasks should you avoid putting on your back burner?