Top Stories time management
- The Biggest Wastes Of Time We Regret When We Get Older
- Time Management Tips From The Busiest Person I Know
- How Tracking What I Do Helped Me Find Better Work-Life Balance
- How To Speed Up Your Morning Routine And Get Out The Door On Time
- How To Fit Volunteering Into Your Packed Schedule
- 'Good Enough' Isn't Always Good Enough
We all struggle with time management, and we all want to know the best ways to conquer our schedules. In this video, Dan Ariely, a behavioural economics professor at Duke University and friend of Lifehacker, says the calendar definitely isn’t one of them.
Distractions aren’t ideal for most tasks, but they serve a purpose when it comes to brainstorming. 99U suggests a simple rule of thumb: embrace distractions when it comes to generating ideas; embrace focus when it comes to implementing ideas.
Commuting doesn’t have to be a waste. There are plenty of ways to get more out of it. If you’re curious, though, this calculator tells you just how much time and money you’ll spend commuting in your lifetime.