Top Stories task management
- 10 Tasks You Should Never Put On The Back Burner
- Productivity 101: A Primer To The Getting Things Done (GTD) Philosophy
- The History Of The To-Do List (And How To Make Yours More Effective)
- Marie Curie's Best Productivity Tricks
- How To Inflate Tasks And Extend Due Dates
- Seven Ways To Manage Email So It Doesn't Manage You
When things get busy, we all have tasks we put off. Sometimes, items end up delayed out of necessity. If you are putting off the right things, it can be a good move to reduce your workload. But if you procrastinate on the wrong tasks, you might be setting yourself up for trouble later. So, what tasks should you avoid putting on your back burner?
Todoist is one of our favourite to-do list apps, but one thing it doesn’t have is location-based notifications. Thankfully, they’re easy to add — all you need is an automation app such as Llama, and Todoist’s mobile app for Android.
Getting Things Done, or GTD, is a system for getting organised and staying productive. It may seem complicated on the outside, but the end goal is to spend less time doing the things you have to do so you have more time for the things you want to do. Let’s break it down and see how you can apply a simplified version to your life.
We’ve been fans of the to-do app Wunderlist for years. It won us over from the start with its minimalist, easy-to-use design, and every update brought even better features. Wunderlist was also selected as Apple’s 2013 App of the Year. We caught up with founder and CEO Christian Reber to find out how one of our favourite apps came to life.