- 12+ Tips And Tricks To Work Faster In Microsoft Outlook
- The Best Chromecast Apps
- Why New Credit Reporting Rules Mean Bill Payments Matter More
- What Every IT Pro Can Learn From Telstra's Customer Data Leak
- Why New Privacy Laws Won't Stop Your Phone Being Tracked
- Taste Test: McDonald's French Toast Fingers Are A Syrupy Non-Indulgence
Hi LH. I recently received an email from my ISP on behalf of ip-echelon.com with the subject: ‘Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Motion Picture’, claiming I’d been responsible for an illicit download. I live in a share house of four, with the internet in my name. The date of this alleged incident happened on a week when I was away interstate.
The best thing about owning a media centre is that you’re in control and can watch whatever you want at a time that suits you. Unfortunately, you also end up with the hassle of troubleshooting your system when plug-ins break, files won’t play, and nothing seems to work properly. Here’s how to take an home theatre PC (HTPC) that’s driving you crazy and whip it back into shape so you can enjoy the show.
There’s so many “new” media options out there — YouTube, blogs, podcasting, torrents — that it would be a brave soul who tried to calculate what the “new media” industry is worth. But the Boston Consulting Group has had a bash, calculating that Australians get $24 billion of “value” from new media, over and above what they actually pay for it.