Top Stories statistics
- IT: Where The Money Is Spent And The Best Jobs To Seek
- Which Phone Companies And ISPs Had The Most Complaints?
- How The Super Guarantee Delay Will Hit The Typical Australian
- How Universities Improve Society (And Your Salary)
- How Many IT Workers Score 457 Visas?
- The Most Popular Smartphone Operating Systems Globally
Annual figures for complaints to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) show that the number of complaints were down, but almost 140,000 of us still had problems bad enough to make involving the TIO necessary. Which providers received the most complaints?
The Abbott government’s deal with the Palmer United Party to freeze the minimum superannuation contribution rate at 9.5% until 2021 will not only cost retirees, it will also see future governments forced to bear the brunt of an increased reliance on the Age Pension. There has been considerable discussion of the impacts of the deal on both the wages of workers and their retirement savings. However, asserted effects have been either speculative (in the case of wages) or limited to a few hypothetical examples (in the case of retirement savings).
The topic of 457 visas is back in the news this week, with a review recommending the scheme change English language requirements while reducing labour market testing. Just how many IT workers end up coming into Australia on 457 visas?