Top Stories shopping
- GST-Free Threshold Axed: 10% Tax Coming To All Overseas Purchases
- Are Chromebooks Good Laptops For Students?
- Mastercheap 2015: Is It Still Possible To Eat Well For $25 A Week?
- What Lidl Will Mean For Australian Supermarket Shoppers
- Should You Fix That Broken Gadget Or Just Buy A New One?
- What Shopping At Woolworths, Coles And ALDI Actually Costs
Hi Lifehacker, On a recent visit to the supermarket I noticed a tin of tuna I picked up did not have an expiry date. On further inspection, neither did any of the other tins either. Isn’t it mandatory to display the expiry date on food items in Australia? If not, how can you when it’s about to go off? Are you supposed to just guess?
The biggest sales days of the year in the US are just around the corner — Black Friday is this week (November 26), and next Monday is Cyber Monday — with many retailers offering discounts of up to 80 percent off of retail prices. If you want to take advantage of this from right here, even with retailers that don’t ship to Australia, Shipito is the answer you’ve been looking for.
Plans to eat healthy can fly out the window when you step into a grocery store. Maybe you add junk food to your cart full of vegetables. Or maybe you believe the hype that a food is healthy, when it’s really not the best choice. Here are some of the traps that food marketers use against you.