Top Stories shopping
- Supermarket Wars: The 85 Cent Loaf Of Bread
- How Big Food Wants To Trick You Over Package Sizes
- Five Foods You Should Always Avoid At The Supermarket
- The Consumer Rights You Don't Have In Australia
- How To Get Useful Buying Information From Tech Rumours
- Seven Things To Take Note Of In The IKEA 2015 Australia Catalogue
The ACCC’s recent decision to take Valve to court highlighted that we have well-defined consumer rights in Australia which big businesses ignore at their peril. It’s worth knowing what those rights are — but it’s also helpful to know what you can’t do. Here’s a refresher on some of the most common misconceptions.
Over the next couple of weeks, Samsung and Apple are announcing new products — and like every release before and since, the rumour mill has been in overdrive. You will have encountered many contradictory rumours all around the internet, most of which are probably false. Here’s how to actually use tech rumours to make better purchasing decisions.