Top Stories road worrier
- How Badly Will New Hand Luggage Guidelines Mess Up Aussie Travellers?
- How Every Australian Airline Is Cracking Down On Hand Luggage
- For Australians, Hotel Rooms Are Cheapest In Asia
- The Impact Of Qantas' Strict New 'Smart Casual' Rules Will Be Minimal
- How Qantas' New Bid Now Upgrades Will Work
- The Best (And Worst) Airlines In The US
To paraphrase those old road safety ads, if you text and drive, you’re a bloody idiot. Thankfully, the punishment for this crime is about to be doubled in NSW. During this year’s holiday period, anyone caught using their phone behind the wheel in NSW will receive six demerit points on their licence — up from the current penalty of three points. This means you will effectively lose half your full licence in one fell swoop. Hope that Facebook status update was worth it.
Motorcycles and scooters are becoming increasingly popular and one of the reasons is they’re easy to park. More designated motorcycle parking spots have cropped up around metropolitan areas but some riders will still try to fit their vehicles into any nook they can find (never mind the legalities around that). But if a motorcycle or scooter parks you in, is it okay to move it?
Earlier this year, Google Maps added Local Guides, a feature that rewarded heavy contributors to Maps reviews and content with a nifty profile. Now, Local Guides will get real, better rewards.