Top Stories resumes
- The Best Places To Post Your Resume, Depending On Your Field
- Seven Resume Strategies For The Long-Term Unemployed
- What The People Reading Your Resume Wish You Knew
- Avoid These Overused Buzzwords When Applying For A Job
- Five Things Job Candidates Obsess Over That Hiring Managers Don't
- Why Writing Your Resume And Cover Letter Is So Hard
Lots of companies are using automated applicant tracking systems today. Resumazing figures out what changes you’ll need to make to your resume to get the job you want.
Hi Lifehacker, I’m currently undertaking an internship within the accounting industry. Generally, these are named “vacation” programs in Australia. However, I wanted to know if it would make a difference to include my experience under the title vacationer, intern or summer analyst on my resume as I am considering applying for positions in other industries as well as overseas. Any thoughts?
Depending on your age and where you went to school, you may have learned keyboard skills on a typewriter rather than a computer. Those of us who learned on a typewriter were usually told to type two spaces after a fullstop. Try single spaces on your resume and emails if you want to avoid some unintended age discrimination.