Top Stories reading
- The Everyday Tasks Your Phone Does Better Than Your Computer
- How To Use Pocket Like A Pro To Save Everything From The Web
- Reading Made Awesome: The Features Of Ebook Apps You Should Be Using
- Become A Better Writer By Learning To Be A Skilled Reader First
- Google Reader Is Shutting Down; Here Are The Best Alternatives
- Why Tablets Trump Books For Older Eyes
Reading ebooks on Android used to be just OK. Now, it’s awesome. While there are plenty of sweet apps for reading books on your phone or tablet, Play Books has vastly improved over the years to become our number one choice for it’s cloud sync, excellent research tools and the ability to upload your own books.
iPad: Unread is one of the better news readers for iOS because it’s clean, easy to use and actually focuses on the reading aspect. Now, the app is available on the iPad.
Chrome: HoverReader, once installed, lets you hover over a link to a news article to see a pop-up display of an article preview or its full-text before you click. It’s especially useful if you’re browsing an article full of links, or you want to preview an article before you click through on Reddit, Hacker News or other news aggregators.
Reading comics on your computer or tablet is awesome. But if you would rather read them on a more eye-friendly screen — like your Kindle — Know Your Mobile has some instructions on how to make that happen.