Top Stories psychology
- 5 Important Life Lessons We Can All Learn From Yoda
- A Happiness Experiment: Can Every Day Feel Like Saturday?
- Top 10 TED Talks That Could Change Your Life
- The Different Ways Being Uncomfortable Can Help You Grow
- Why It's Better To Reward Groups Than Inviduals
- 20 Cognitive Biases That Affect Your Decision-Making
The fear of missing out (or FOMO) is the feeling of envy and insecurity you have when other people are having positive, exciting experiences in their lives and you’re not. It can make you feel depressed, cost you money, and stress you out — but it can also be an incredible motivational tool. Here’s why having some FOMO is a good thing.
We’re supposed to be rational, sensible beings that work hard, reap the rewards and let logic guide the way. That’s the way the world goes round, but every now and then a small break from sanity can do us some good.