Top Stories programming
- Top 10 Ways To Teach Yourself To Code
- Grab 24 Free Ebooks To Learn A New Programming Language
- What I Wish I Knew When I Started My Career As A Software Developer
- The Tricks Apps Play On Your Mind To Keep You Hooked
- What It Really Takes To Be A Professional Programmer
- Most Popular Developer Posts Of 2014
Epic Games has made it possible for anyone to become a game developer with Unreal Engine 4. If you’ve ever been interested in game development, animation or digital visualisation, the complete Unreal Engine 4 suite is now free for anyone to download and use.
There are lots of ways to get started with coding, and as long as you get over the intermediate-level learning curve, you could be well on your way to a career as a programmer. But how do you know if you’re good enough to find a job in software development? Simple Programmer offers this 12-question checklist.
24 hours of programming with a chance to win $US100,000. Doesn’t sound too bad if you think you have the skills to compete. This is the core of BattleHack, a global marathon coding competition run by PayPal where teams or individuals come up with interesting uses for the payment provider’s various online services.