Top Stories procrastination
- The Best Ways To Waste Time Productively
- Newton's Laws Of Getting Stuff Done
- Why Saving Tasks For Tomorrow Doesn't Always Work
- Use This Flowchart To Identify The Type Of Procrastinator You Are
- The History Of The To-Do List (And How To Make Yours More Effective)
- How To Decide Whether A Task Is Worth Outsourcing
When you’re putting something off, sometimes you just need to work for only a few minutes to get started. Other times, you need to remind yourself why what you’re doing matters.
Everyone struggles with procrastination now and then, sometimes because the stress about starting a task keeps us from acting. David Cain points out at Raptitude, however, that the moment you start acting is the beginning of the end of that anxiety.
It’s easy to get distracted when the first thing your browser shows you in the morning is Facebook, Twitter or your favourite site. Reduce the clutter by adding a separate, work-only account to Chrome.