Top Stories privacy
- How To Keep Your Internet-Connected Home Safe And Secure
- What's Really Wrong With Facebook
- The Best Privacy And Security-Focused Web Browsers
- How To Automatically Back Up And Purge Your Gmail Every 30 Days
- What We Can Learn From The Biggest Corporate Hacks
- How To Safely Share Your Home Wi-Fi With Friends
This Saturday, Queensland will decide whether or not to give the Newman government another stab in office. Interestingly, it will also be the first time that Australians are required to show proof-of-identity to cast an ordinary vote. If you live in Queensland, you will need to produce one of the following types of ID to quickly cast your ballot.
Firefox: The last time we highlighted uBlock, a fast and lightweight alternative to AdBlock Plus, it was Chrome only. Now the add-on is available for Firefox as well, and it works well, even though it’s still in beta.
Google tracks a lot of information about what you’ve done, which it uses to make suggestions for products like Google Now and autocomplete. Google recently updated its Account History page with the ability to view or pause or voice search history, as well as other information from your mobile devices.
Mega has been on our radar for secure file storage ever since the file storage phoenix rose from the ashes of MegaUpload. Now, the company has created MegaChat, which it bills as a secure alternative to Skype, offering browser-based voice and video chat.