Top Stories privacy
- How Will Australia's New Privacy Laws Work Post-Snowden?
- Why You Should Care More About Your Smartphone's Security
- Why Big Data Doesn't Have To Be Creepy And Intrusive
- How To Stop Google Using Your Phone To Log Every Place That You Go
- How Do Bitcoin Alternatives Stack Up?
- It's No Surprise Anymore: Your Data Is Never Safe Online
iOS: Cryptocat is one of the easiest to use encrypted chat clients out there. Now it’s available on the iPhone so you can keep your conversations private while on the go.
Android: Disconnect Search, the utility that lets you search the web’s most popular search engines without being tracked , has arrived on Android. Now you can search Google, Bing, Yahoo, Blekko and even DuckDuckGo without leaving a trace.
It seems like every week we hear about a new smartphone security flaw. Whether it’s a massive bug in iOS, apps leaking your location data to the public, or insecure passcodes on our phones, smartphone security isn’t taken seriously. Yet it should be: In a lot of cases, you can access someone’s entire life with just their phone.