Top Stories presentations
- Craft A Better Presentation With Zombie Apocalypse Principles
- Five Reasons Your Presentation Is Letting You And Your Audience Down
- Top 10 Ways To Improve Hackathon Presentations
- Seven Free Add-Ins And Apps To Supercharge Microsoft Office
- How I Beat My Fear Of Public Speaking
- Going From 'Suck To Non-Suck' As A Public Speaker
Many of us rush through speeches because public speaking makes us nervous. You need to speak slowly for a good speech. To get that right, talk at the pace you would when telling someone a phone number.
Even people who are unafraid of public speaking get uncomfortable when asked to talk off-the-cuff. In the few minutes before you have to go up on stage, think of the main line you want to say and lead with it.