Top Stories postpaid
- Telstra's Go Mobile Sharing Plans: How They Compare
- Planhacker: Every Australian Contract Phone Plan Compared (September 2014)
- Planhacker: Where Are The Best Carrier Perks?
- Mobile Phone Plans You Should Avoid
- Planhacker: Every Australian BYO Contract Cap Plan Compared (Updated)
- Planhacker: Australian Android Postpaid Deals April 2011
It was only last month that Virgin Mobile increased the data allowances on its postpaid plans. It is now offering additional data on its more expensive contract plans — but deciphering what has actually happened is needlessly tricky.
Plans where you can share data amongst multiple people in your family or workplace are the most notable trend in the Australian mobile space this year. Optus and Vodafone already offer them, and now Telstra is jumping on the bandwagon with its new Go Mobile plans. Are they good value? Planhacker has crunched the numbers.
Optus is boosting its mobile data allowance for new postpaid customers, including a generous 10GB per month on a $100 plan (up from 3GB). In addition, a new sharing option has been introduced that allows families to combine separate plans into one bill with data allowances shared across all devices. Optus has also added unlimited voice calls and text messages to all post-paid mobile plans. Here’s a look at what’s different.