Top Stories passwords
- Google's New Smart Lock Is The Password Manager For The Rest Of Us
- Information Security Is Not Just IT's Problem
- What To Do If You Lose The Master Password To Your Password Manager
- Lifehacker Faceoff: The Best Password Managers, Compared
- Five Best Password Managers
- What We Can Learn From The Biggest Corporate Hacks
iOS: With iOS 9, all kinds of apps are getting updates, but one of the most useful so far comes from 1Password. Now, alongside multitasking on the iPad, you can now search for 1Password login info directly from Spotlight.
We all need some kind of authentication process if we are to access information systems at work or at home. We know why we need to do it: to make sure we have access to our data and unauthorised people don’t. So why do we routinely ignore such advice, particularly given the constant advice from cyber security professionals about the need for strong passwords that are changed frequently?