Top Stories passwords
- It's No Surprise Anymore: Your Data Is Never Safe Online
- How To Make Your Entire Internet Life More Secure In One Day
- Three Ways To Improve Your Android's Lock Screen Security
- How To Stop Spies From Digging Up Your Personal Information
- Weighing Security Against Convenience: What Works And What Doesn't
- Two-Factor Authentication: The Big List Of Everywhere You Should Enable It Right Now
iOS/Mac: Don’t want the hassle of typing a password on your Mac? Knock is an app for iOS and Mac that uses your phone or tablet to unlock your computer.
Password managers like KeePass, LastPass and 1Password are essential tools for storing the gazillion unique and long passwords we have to generate for each site. With only one master password standing between your database and a hacker, however, if you really want to secure your logins, a second layer of authentication will help. The Yubikey is an affordable and easy-to-use option.
Microsoft will soon add integrated sign-on for more than 220 popular software-as-a-service apps to its Azure Active Directory service, making it easier to federate apps and allow users to sign into multiple apps with a single AD log-in. Particularly good news for IT pros: there won’t be any per-user charges to access that service.