Top Stories passwords
- It's No Surprise Anymore: Your Data Is Never Safe Online
- How To Make Your Entire Internet Life More Secure In One Day
- Three Ways To Improve Your Android's Lock Screen Security
- How To Stop Spies From Digging Up Your Personal Information
- Weighing Security Against Convenience: What Works And What Doesn't
- Two-Factor Authentication: The Big List Of Everywhere You Should Enable It Right Now
When it comes to password security, longer is typically better and multi-word pass phrases are even better than that. But if you find yourself with an annoying, fixed-length password, try mixing up the characters in it.
iOS/Mac: Don’t want the hassle of typing a password on your Mac? Knock is an app for iOS and Mac that uses your phone or tablet to unlock your computer.
Password managers like KeePass, LastPass and 1Password are essential tools for storing the gazillion unique and long passwords we have to generate for each site. With only one master password standing between your database and a hacker, however, if you really want to secure your logins, a second layer of authentication will help. The Yubikey is an affordable and easy-to-use option.