Top Stories optus
- Planhacker: Mobile Broadband Contract Plans (August 2014)
- Planhacker: The Best No-Contract Deal On Each Australian Mobile Network (August 2014)
- The Best Roaming Deal From Each Major Australian Carrier
- Consumerisation Hasn't Hit IT Contracts Yet
- Optus' New Data Sharing Mobile Plans: Everything You Need To Know
- Planhacker: All The Samsung Galaxy S5 Contract Deals (Updated)
If you regularly need an internet connection on the road, a separate mobile broadband SIM in a hotspot or USB dongle is the way to go. But who offers the most data and the best deals? We’ve rounded up all the available plans from Australian carriers so you can compare and choose the right one for you.
Contract phone plans are a poor deal: you’re stuck with the same handset and network for two years and you often have smaller data and call allowances than with a no-contract prepaid or month-by-month deal. We’ve eliminated the also-rans and come up with one firm recommendation for the best value no-contract prepaid deal on each of Australia’s mobile networks.
Wondering when the sweet new versions of Android will land on your device? You’re in luck: each week, Gizmodo Australia will take you through all of the handset updates currently being tested on Australian mobile networks (Optus, Telstra and Vodafone), and tell you when you can expect them on your device.