Top Stories office culture
- How To Make The Most Of A Mentor And Get Ahead In Your Career
- Six Characteristics That Make A Highly Effective Team
- Seven Ways To Be A Good Employee And Make Your Boss Happy
- The Lost Art Of Candour In The Workplace
- The Three-Step Guide To Finding Satisfaction At Work
- How To Repair A Damaged Professional Relationship
Whether you work from home or your boss works remotely, the workplace today is much different from the centralized offices of the past. For many organisations, remote employees spread across the country are now the norm. Here’s how you can effectively work with your boss, even if you aren’t in the same place.
Hi Lifehacker, What would you do if you are in a particular role in your company (mine is web designer) but you haven’t been assigned enough tasks to improve your skills and experiences? There haven’t been enough design tasks in my role and I’ve ended up doing all sorts of other tasks. I’d like to seek another job but I lack confidence since I haven’t been able to build on my skills here. Any suggestions?