Top Stories office culture
- How To Make The Most Of A Mentor And Get Ahead In Your Career
- Six Characteristics That Make A Highly Effective Team
- Seven Ways To Be A Good Employee And Make Your Boss Happy
- The Lost Art Of Candour In The Workplace
- The Three-Step Guide To Finding Satisfaction At Work
- How To Repair A Damaged Professional Relationship
Dear Lifehacker, I’m one of the final applicants for a new state sales role that is completely based on the road. As I’ve always been at a desk in an office this is both exciting and scary! What sort of things will I need to be aware of when traveling around the state selling and working from home? They are also offering a car allowance — how does that work and what do I need to keep in mind?
Whether you work from home or your boss works remotely, the workplace today is much different from the centralized offices of the past. For many organisations, remote employees spread across the country are now the norm. Here’s how you can effectively work with your boss, even if you aren’t in the same place.