Top Stories notifications
- How To Disable Avast's Annoying Sounds And Popups
- Delete Your Way To Productivity
- Supercharge Your Lock Screen With DashClock Widget And These Add-Ons
- The Best Jailbreak Apps And Tweaks For iOS 6
- How To Turn Your Phone Into A Mind-Reading Personal Assistant
- How To Create A Smarter Notification System For Your Device With Pushover
Avast is our favourite antivirus program for Windows, but it isn’t perfect. It has a lot of useful advanced settings, but it also comes with annoying sounds, popups, ads and extra tools you probably don’t want. Here are the ideal settings to get rid of its annoyances.
Getting things done often has more to do with removing barriers than actually accomplishing a task on your list. Whether you have too much email, too many creative blocks, or a myriad of distractions, it’s time to metaphorically (and sometimes literally) press the delete key and make your work goals achievable.
Android: MegaSound is a free utility that lets you set custom notification sounds for each app on your phone. You can have one alert for an incoming SMS, another for a new email, and another for Hangouts or WhatsApp. That way you can tell the app that wants your attention before you even look at your phone.
Chrome/Safari: Streak, an email organisation suite for Gmail, unveiled message tracking today. Now, it integrates with Gmail (or Google Apps), pops up a message to let you know when a message has been read, and offers a timeline view so you can see who’s read it, when and on what devices. Best of all, it’s free.