Top Stories notifications
- Supercharge Your Lock Screen With DashClock Widget And These Add-Ons
- The Best Jailbreak Apps And Tweaks For iOS 6
- How To Turn Your Phone Into A Mind-Reading Personal Assistant
- How To Create A Smarter Notification System For Your Device With Pushover
- How To Get Automated Alerts When Your Favourite Artists Release New Work
- How To Prune Your Phone's Notifications
If your phone is running Android Jelly Bean (4.2), you owe it to yourself to pick up DashClock Widget. The app itself already powers up your lock screen with useful notifications and tools, but dozens of great apps and other widgets hook into it to display useful information and give you control over your phone — all without you having to unlock first.
If your dryer is tucked away in a corner of your house that makes it impossible for you to hear when it’s finished a load, it’s easy to forget that you have clothes in there. DIY enthusiast Thomas Taylor was bothered enough by this that he created a system that alerts him via text message when the dryer is done.
Android: Intelligent Ringer is a free utility for Android that listens to the ambient noise level in the room around you, and sets your phone’s ringer to match. That means you won’t scare everyone around you with a loud ringtone in a quiet room, or miss a call because the ringer is set too low and you can’t hear it over the noise around you.
iOS (jailbroken): Sometimes you simply don’t have the time to deal with the incoming emails, messages and other notifications of your iPhone when they first arrive. If you don’t want to forget to reply, AnyReminder adds a “remind me later” option to incoming notifications so you can deal with them at a better time