Top Stories notifications
- What I Learnt From A Week Away From Tech Distractions
- How To Make Your iOS Notifications Smarter With IFTTT
- How To Disable Avast's Annoying Sounds And Popups
- Delete Your Way To Productivity
- Supercharge Your Lock Screen With DashClock Widget And These Add-Ons
- The Best Jailbreak Apps And Tweaks For iOS 6
iPhone: Notifications are a pain because they’re usually an all-or-nothing deal for apps. If you want more control over notifications, Hooks lets you manage them in very specific ways.
Mac: OS X doesn’t come with a lot of options for customising the behaviour of the Notification Center. Fortunately, NCutil is a command line utility that lets you change all sorts of settings.
Mac: By default, the Notification Center on Mac sorts items manually. That’s fine for many people, but if you’d prefer to sort notifications with the most recent notification at the top, iDownloadBlog points to a setting you might have missed.
Notification Center is a useful feature for Mac users, and it’s easy enough to create a keyboard shortcut to pull it up by just hopping into the Keyboard Shortcuts menu in System Preferences. But if you’d prefer to invoke a specific view setting, iDownloadBlog shows off how.