Top Stories notifications
- What I Learnt From A Week Away From Tech Distractions
- How To Make Your iOS Notifications Smarter With IFTTT
- How To Disable Avast's Annoying Sounds And Popups
- Delete Your Way To Productivity
- Supercharge Your Lock Screen With DashClock Widget And These Add-Ons
- The Best Jailbreak Apps And Tweaks For iOS 6
The idea of a machine that talks to you intelligently might be a ways off still, but Instructables user MisterM wanted to make a radio that would announce general details throughout the day. To do this, he wired up a Raspberry Pi Zero to a text-to-speech engine, then tossed in a dose of If This Then That.
When Facebook rolls out new features, they seem to love ignoring your default settings and toggling every notification to a loud “on” setting. Facebook Live is one of the newest features, and if you’re sick of getting a notification every time a friends decides to live video their drive through traffic, here’s how to turn them off.
Android (Tasker): You’re driving home, rocking out to Queen, and suddenly Facebook interrupts your music to let you know you have a new comment. Your rhythm is now ruined. Fortunately Tasker can save you and your groove with this action.