Top Stories music
- How To Turn YouTube Into The Ultimate Streaming Music Service
- The Best Productivity Tricks You Can Learn From Rock Stars
- Four Soundcloud Alternatives To Discover And Share Great Music
- Ask LH: Are High-End Headphones Really Worth The Money?
- The Best Spotify Tips And Tricks You're Probably Not Using
- Do Old Video Games Have An Active Place In The World?
YouTube unveiled a number of features for music lovers today. They include a new invitation-only streaming music service called YouTube Music Key, launching in beta next week, and a new home in your account just for your favourite songs and music videos.
Singing your favourite songs is fun, until you come across one that’s outside of your vocal range. With a little know-how, you can change a song’s pitch with the free, cross-platform audio editor Audacity.
Spotify released a new Connect feature for premium users today, that lets you play Spotify through your computer while using your iOS or Android based phone or tablet as a remote control.
Hi Lifehacker, I’m looking to improve my work-life balance and exercise more, so I want the right device to acquire, store and play music on. With Walkmans long gone and the iPod apparently being phased out, what’s the best choice? I’m particularly keen to be able to download playlists and new music that I haven’t encountered.
So here’s an unusual value-add for a mobile plan: if you sign up to a Vodafone Red Plan on a 12- or 24-month contract, you’ll get a free Spotify Premium account for the duration of the contract.
Android: The Hype Machine is one of our favourite streaming services for fresh music. Thanks to its new Android app, you can take all of those great tunes with you and listen any time.