Top Stories music
- Four Soundcloud Alternatives To Discover And Share Great Music
- Ask LH: Are High-End Headphones Really Worth The Money?
- The Best Spotify Tips And Tricks You're Probably Not Using
- Do Old Video Games Have An Active Place In The World?
- How To Turn A Raspberry Pi Into A Private Streaming Music Service
- The Best Apps For Automatically Cleaning Up Your Music Library
Web: Peggo is a simple web service that takes your favourite YouTube videos, whether they’re music, podcasts or other programming, and saves them as audio files so you can listen to them offline. It even removes silence to keep file sizes small, and it normalises volume so you don’t get startled if you’re listening through headphones.
Dear Lifehacker, I work in an open office environment, and I’d really like to put on my headphones and focus to some music while I work. I’m worried my coworker or boss might think I’m isolating myself, or not being a “team player” though. How can I explain I’m trying to be productive without coming off like I’m being defensive?
When we first mentioned MusicBox a little over a year ago, it had the modest goal of turning your Raspberry Pi into a Spotify server. Now, it supports more services and file types.
Social DJ apps have always had a strange place in the internet’s heart. Turntable.fm was beloved while it was around, but plug.dj never fully succeeded it in popularity when it took up the mantle. Still, Qcast aims to bring that excellent idea — group music parties — to your TV via the Chromecast.