Top Stories movies
- How Netflix Will Deal With Australian VPN Users
- What Will The 340,000 Australians Already Using Netflix Do Now?
- 10 Movies So Bad, Downloading Them Would Be A Crime
- Monster's 'Ultra HD' Cables: Essential AV Gear Or An Overpriced Crock?
- Dolph Lundgren Shares His Top Five Life Hacks
- 10 Animated Movies To Watch With Your Kids These School Holidays (That Aren't Frozen)
As soon as Netflix announced its plans to launch in Australia in March 2015, I began wondering what would happen to the many Australians who already pay to access the service and use a VPN to work around geoblocking. Would they be forced to migrate to the Australian service, possibly paying more in the process while accessing fewer shows? Now we have extracted some answers from Netflix itself.
New research by CHOICE suggests that 340,000 Australian households are already paying to access the US version of Netflix. What will happen to those customers when Netflix officially launches in Australia next year?