Top Stories mobile apps
- The Everyday Tasks Your Phone Does Better Than Your Computer
- The Best Features Of Facebook Messenger
- The Essential Android Security Features You Should Enable Right Now
- A Developer's Guide To Building Your First App
- The Secret Powers Hidden In Your Android's Accessibility Options
- The Coolest New Features Of Android L Google Didn't Announce
Now that iOS 8 is here, it brings heaps of third-party keyboards that offer features that Apple’s built-in keyboard doesn’t. From better predictive text to cloud syncing and swipe-to-type, there are several to choose from, including some names you’ll recognise. Let’s take a look at the best of the best.
Android/iOS: Disconnect, one of our favourite privacy-protecting browser tools, has a mobile app that keeps you safe on your smartphone as well. Disconnect Mobile blocks malicious ads that track your activities, blocks malware disguised as ads, and offers protection against suspected malware sites.
One of iOS 8′s minor new features is Touch ID integration with any app, so apps can be secured with your fingerprint instead of a passcode. Here’s a list of the apps that have updated to support it.
Android: Facebook introduced a genuinely cool feature with Chat Heads, but there’s one problem with it; you can open it anywhere, so per-app security PINs aren’t very helpful. Chat Lock fixes this problem.
iOS: Today, one of our favourite password managers, 1Password, has been updated to support the newest version of iOS. To celebrate, it’s now going freemium.