Top Stories media centres
- The Complete Guide To Turning Your Video Game Console Into A Living Room Media Centre
- How To Watch And Record Live TV On Your XBMC Media Centre
- Turn A Raspberry Pi Into An XBMC Media Centre In Under 30 Minutes
- The Five Biggest Media Centre Annoyances (And How To Fix Them)
- Build Your Dream Media Centre For Under $700
- How To Turn Your Android Into A Killer Portable Media And Gaming Centre
Dear Lifehacker, I want to build an awesome media centre and download digital copies of my movies and TV shows, but everything is riddled with DRM these days. I don’t want to pirate shows. Is there any legal way to get DRM-free movies and TV on my media centre?
Windows/Mac/Linux: If your media library looks anything like mine, it could use a tuneup. Missing subtitles; files that XBMC or Plex won’t recognise because they’re not named properly; missing episode, series or movie info; the list goes on. Filebot is an open source, cross-platform batch file renaming and organisation tool that will whip your library into shape in no time.
Building a media centre is a killer way to watch or stream your favourite movies and TV shows. If you miss being able to watch live TV or want to record it so you can watch it later, you can turn your XBMC box into a personal video recorder (PVR). Here’s what you need to do.
iOS: Adjusting the settings on your HDTV and sound system make for a better entertainment experience compared to just using the default out-of-box settings. While we’ve posted guides on getting more out of your home theatre and calibrating your HDTV, this interactive app from THX makes it even easier.