Top Stories language
- Impress Your Mates On Melbourne Cup Day With This Glossary Of Racing Terms
- Why Do Medicines Have Such Ridiculous Names?
- The Psychology Of Language: Why Are Some Words More Persuasive?
- How Keeping It Simple Can Make Writing Better
- Why The Habit Of Accuracy Matters Whenever You Write
- How To Successfully Learn A New Language This Year
Android: Previously, we’ve featured Chrome extension Lingua.ly that allows you to learn new words in a foreign language. Lingua.ly’s new Android app not only provides a similar service, but allows you to build your own personal vocabulary collection.
St. Patrick’s Day is one of the few days of the year where you get to indulge in drunken debauchery with like-minded strangers — especially if you’re Irish. In the following video, Gizmodo editor Luke Hopewell explains how to perfect your Irish brogue to maximise the messy mayhem. Apparently, it’s all in the spelling…
Get on the fast track to accomplishing one of your bucket list items — learning another language. Chris Lonsdale’s TEDx talk offers five principles and seven actions that will help anyone learn to speak a new language fluently within just six months.