Top Stories language
- Four Phrases We All Say, But Should Remove From Our Vocabularies
- Five Best Language Translation Tools
- The Science Of Learning A New Language (And How To Use It)
- Impress Your Mates On Melbourne Cup Day With This Glossary Of Racing Terms
- Why Do Medicines Have Such Ridiculous Names?
- The Psychology Of Language: Why Are Some Words More Persuasive?
Several readers wrote in to point out to us that “lifehacking” was given an honourable mention in the Macquarie Dictionary‘s 2014 words of the year list. I’m torn over this. It’s nice that the Macquarie editors noticed — but with that said, they seem a little late to the party.
iOS/Android: Last year, Google bought Word Lens, the amazing app that translates signs in real time, and made it free for everyone. Now the company has gone one better and rolled the feature into Google Translate.