Top Stories language
- Impress Your Mates On Melbourne Cup Day With This Glossary Of Racing Terms
- Why Do Medicines Have Such Ridiculous Names?
- The Psychology Of Language: Why Are Some Words More Persuasive?
- How Keeping It Simple Can Make Writing Better
- Why The Habit Of Accuracy Matters Whenever You Write
- How To Successfully Learn A New Language This Year
Get on the fast track to accomplishing one of your bucket list items — learning another language. Chris Lonsdale’s TEDx talk offers five principles and seven actions that will help anyone learn to speak a new language fluently within just six months.
If you do something by mistake, it has happened accidentally. Not accidently. In Australia, we can partly blame the regular appearance of this error on 1990s pop combo Frente!
One of our main arguments at Mind Your Language is that the correct use of language, including punctuation, is essential because it ensures you look professional and convey your meaning accurately. The revelation of a major security hole in Apple’s iOS and Mac OS X software caused by a tiny coding error reminds us that accuracy with punctuation matters even more to developers, as the University of Western Australia’s David Glance explains.