Top Stories kitchen
- Diced, Chopped, Minced And More: A Visual Guide To Six Basic Knife Cuts
- Don't Buy Expensive Knife Sets: These Four Knives Are All You Need
- The Best Last-Minute Tips For Saving Your Turkey
- The Most Common Cooking Disasters And How To Fix Them
- How To Care For Your Favourite Kitchen Tools
- The Best Ways To Reuse Your Most Common Kitchen Leftovers
Fresh coconut is a completely different, more delicious animal than the pre-shredded stuff you buy in a bag. Getting to the tasty flesh inside a whole coconut can feel a little bit like breaking into Fort Knox though. Luckily, Saveur is here to show us an easy way to get crackin’ with nothing more than a hammer and a screw driver.
There are many tips and tools out there for ensuring you never cook a steak, roast or piece of chicken past its perfectly succulent end point. But cooks are human, mistakes happen, and meat gets overcooked. It’s tragic to be sure, but not all is lost. Tough, dry meat is a perfect candidate for savoury fillings and decadent spreads.