Top Stories kitchen
- The Most Common Cooking Disasters And How To Fix Them
- How To Care For Your Favourite Kitchen Tools
- The Best Ways To Reuse Your Most Common Kitchen Leftovers
- Kitchen Scraps You Can Regrow With Nothing But Water
- How To Take The Hassle Out Of Making School Lunches
- This Infographic Shows You How To Organise Your Fridge
The first slice of pie is always a mess. It’s difficult to get out and usually looks awful when you do. There’s an easy fix: Make the first slice a tiny “sacrificial” slice. That first sliver will give you enough of an opening to cut additional slices cleanly and get a knife or tool under so you can remove it easily.
As your plates and bowls get used over time, knives, forks and spoons turn a bright sheen into a scratched-up mess. Dive into your pantry to find some cream of tartar, and you can rub those ugly marks away.