Top Stories kitchen
- The Most Common Cooking Disasters And How To Fix Them
- How To Care For Your Favourite Kitchen Tools
- The Best Ways To Reuse Your Most Common Kitchen Leftovers
- Kitchen Scraps You Can Regrow With Nothing But Water
- How To Take The Hassle Out Of Making School Lunches
- This Infographic Shows You How To Organise Your Fridge
Mashed potatoes are easy: boil some potatoes and mash them. Starting the process with cold water make sure the potatoes cook evenly. Most of the time when you’re cooking vegetables, you want to start with hot water. Potatoes, says The Kitchn, are an exception.
Most diets really come down to the fact that we should all eat more vegetables. If you’re looking for a way to get more veggies in your diet without giving up foods you love, this traditional Irish dish does the trick.
The major food flavours — salty, sweet, sour, bitter, spicy and umami — all play off each other, balancing or enhancing the other flavours. You can make any dish taste better by knowing the science behind it, and this chart can help.
If you’re a parent with young children — or constantly busy multitasking — you can peel a hard-boiled egg in under three seconds with only one hand by rolling it quickly on a clean surface.