Top Stories household
- 17 Simple Rules For Getting Organised And Decluttered
- All The First Aid Stuff That's Changed Since You First Learned It
- Five Useful Cooking Techniques No One Teaches You
- How To Secure Your Home When You're A Renter
- The Home Improvement Disasters That Can Wreck Your Budget
- The Joy Of Less: A Systematic Approach To Minimalist Living
There’s no reason for you to have a dozen different types of glasses on your home bar, so why do bartenders serve cocktails in so many different types of glasses? Well, this video from PBS’s IdeaChannel explains where all those glasses came from, and whether they matter.
As much as I love plants, I’ve never had many for two reasons: I’m terrible at keeping them alive and I have pets. A lot of plants are either toxic to my cats or they just require too much maintenance. Recently, though, I vowed to finally bring some greenery into my space without poisoning my pets. Here are some solid options I found.
Video: Depending on the type of project you’re working on, the easiest way to prepare for a quick cleanup in a workshop is by covering your work table with a giant sheet of paper. Over on Tested they walk you through a variety of tips for doing so.
A pressure cooker is an amazing appliance with many uses, but making hearty soup and savoury broth in minutes is one we hadn’t initially anticipated. Thankfully, this video from Bon Appetit shows you exactly how to do it, and in less than a half-hour to boot.