Top Stories hotels
- Stop Getting Gouged: All The Extra Fees You Can Avoid When Travelling
- How To Get Better Sleep In Uncomfortable And Unavoidable Situations
- For Australians, Hotel Rooms Are Cheapest In Asia
- What Can (And Can't) You Take From Hotel Rooms?
- Where Aussies Can Rent The Cheapest Hotel Rooms Around The World
- Jedi-Approved Productivity Tricks For The Business Traveller
HotelTonight already makes it easy to book budget-friendly last minute hotel rooms, but their new Aces concierge service takes things a step further. Open the app and you get a personal assistant who can recommend local restaurants, sights to see, even request pillows and towels from your hotel desk.
Bedbugs are a menace, and learning how to search your hotel room for them before you collapse into bed is critical to avoid taking them home with you. This video shows you best way to do just that, and to make sure you get a good night’s rest away from home.
Fake reviews are everywhere online. If you want to check whether a particular hotel’s reviews are real before you book it, the Review Sceptic tool can help.
Your elevator arrives at a floor, the doors open, and nobody is there. You hammer on the door close button, but it doesn’t seem to work no matter how many times you press it. There’s a better way to get those doors shut and you on your way.
As Hotels.com’s regional director for Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, Katherine Cole knows a thing or two about the hotel industry. Travelling on a fortnightly basis to all corners of the globe, she’s stayed at hundreds of hotels and has learned a few tricks along the way. We asked Cole to share her top hotel hacks with Lifehacker readers, from the best time to book your hotel to the hidden costs you need to watch out for.