Top Stories hardware
- How To Make A 118 Gigabyte Floppy Drive
- How To Build A Computer From Scratch: Hardware Basics
- Most Popular DIY Projects Of 2015
- How To Choose The Right Tech For Your Business: The Complete Guide
- How 2 In 1s Minimise Management Headaches For BYOD
- Building Your Own PC Now Saves You More Money Than Ever
This week, Woolworths sold off its Masters home improvement division, and now 7700 jobs are on the line. The Masters business has been losing about $200 million a year, unlike main competitor Bunnings which is a major contributor to profits at its owner Wesfarmers. Here’s what went wrong according to Winning Appliances CEO John Winning.
Video: Even basic networking gear gets messy really quickly, if the pile of unorganised cables under my desk right now is any indication. Mounting your hardware to a simple wall or desk-mounted board can keep it much cleaner.
In an era where cloud computing is the new normal, (storm-driven outages aside), it’s no surprise that sales of traditional server hardware are declining. But it’s still slightly shocking to see how tough it is to turn a dollar in the server market these days.
Video: When you’re taking your gadgets apart, a magnetic tray for all your screws could come in handy. Fortunately, you can make one by taking more gadgets apart.
I have built every computer I’ve used since I was eight. Motherboards are still my least favourite component to buy. This video helps break down what to look for in a main board.