- Pole Dancing Is Really Hard When You're A Man
- Ask LH: What's The Best Way To Clean A Mouse Pad?
- How Yahoo Totally Blew It On Security
- All The Ways Credit Card Companies Try To Screw You Over
- iPhone 7 And 7 Plus Cases Promise To Resurrect The Headphone Jack
- International Flights Will Cost More Thanks To Tax Rejig By The Government
If you’re looking for a raise, or looking for a new job and dread the question “So how much are you looking to make?”, you’re walking into a minefield that could either result in you making a good, fair wage, or getting underpaid from the start. Here are some things to avoid when it’s time to talk turkey.
My Uncle Danny once helped me buy a new Corolla while I watched in awe. He was a relentless, negotiating beast. He threatened. He acted offended. He sat in silence and stared at the salesman. In the end, I paid nearly $5000 less than I expected. Negotiating is powerful. As a timid person, it’s not something that comes easy for me, and it might not come easy for you. Here are some of the best ways to do it, even when you dread it.