- Taste Test: These People Have Never Eaten A Big Mac
- Unhappy Workplaces Look A Lot Like Unhappy Marriages
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Your Worst Horror Stories
- Nexus Phones Were For Android Enthusiasts, But Pixel Is For Everyone
- Meet Switch: Nintendo's Crazy-Arse New Console
- Re-Watch The Explosive Final US Presidential Debate Here
If you’re looking for a raise, or looking for a new job and dread the question “So how much are you looking to make?”, you’re walking into a minefield that could either result in you making a good, fair wage, or getting underpaid from the start. Here are some things to avoid when it’s time to talk turkey.
My Uncle Danny once helped me buy a new Corolla while I watched in awe. He was a relentless, negotiating beast. He threatened. He acted offended. He sat in silence and stared at the salesman. In the end, I paid nearly $5000 less than I expected. Negotiating is powerful. As a timid person, it’s not something that comes easy for me, and it might not come easy for you. Here are some of the best ways to do it, even when you dread it.