Top Stories gmail
- This GTD Workflow Is How I Finally Got My Email Inbox Under Control
- Every Way We've Tried To Fix Email (And Why It's Not Working)
- When Gmail's Filters Aren't Enough: How To Tackle Spam On Your Own
- Everything You Need To Know About Gmail's New, Confusing Layout
- How To Use Gmail's New Self-Sorting Inbox
- Gmail's Priority Inbox Is Awesome: Just Give It A Chance
One of the best things about Gmail is its robust filtering system. It’s easy to route very specific types of messages to different folders or relegate them to the archive easily. Now, you can supercharge Gmail’s default options with these system labels that let you search unsearchable folders or root out specific types of messages.
If you have the Gmail “Smartlabels” (or Smart Labels) lab enabled, the next time you log in, you’ll see more options for automatically categorising your emails. New emails can be auto labelled as purchases, travel and finance — in addition to the social, promotions, updates/notifications and forums labels already in place.
Over the weekend, Google suffered an outage for most of its services. Some users — including paid Google Apps For Business customers — weren’t able to access it for close to an hour. But even with that outage, Google’s uptime percentage looks fairly healthy.
Chrome/Firefox/Safari: Boomerang, a popular browser extension for Gmail users, schedules your messages to be sent at a later time or reappear in your inbox at some point in the future. In the original version, you had to use a “manage page” to edit and scheduled items, but now you can do that directly from the message itself in Gmail.