Top Stories gmail
- This GTD Workflow Is How I Finally Got My Email Inbox Under Control
- Every Way We've Tried To Fix Email (And Why It's Not Working)
- When Gmail's Filters Aren't Enough: How To Tackle Spam On Your Own
- Everything You Need To Know About Gmail's New, Confusing Layout
- How To Use Gmail's New Self-Sorting Inbox
- Gmail's Priority Inbox Is Awesome: Just Give It A Chance
Chrome: Google’s browser has a pretty nifty notification system. While Gmail can provide some basic notifications through Chrome, Checker Plus lets you automatically read emails out loud and mark them as read from the notification.
If you use Gmail’s tabbed interface and have the Promotions tab enabled, that tab could get a little prettier in the near future. Gmail is currently field-testing a thumbnail view of the Promotions tab and you can sign up to try it out.
We’ve featured tools like Boomerang that allow you to send scheduled emails from Gmail before. However, it’s possible to do the same thing without any additional apps. Amit Agarwal of Digital Inspiration shows us how to do this with a Google Sheets script.
One of the best things about Gmail is its robust filtering system. It’s easy to route very specific types of messages to different folders or relegate them to the archive easily. Now, you can supercharge Gmail’s default options with these system labels that let you search unsearchable folders or root out specific types of messages.