Top Stories food
- Five Useful Cooking Techniques No One Teaches You
- Cook A Perfect Hamburger Or Hot Dog With These Expert Tips
- Taste Test: How Does Coles' Fake KFC Compare To The Real Thing?
- 10 Enduring Health Myths, Debunked By Science
- The Complete Guide To Eating Sloppy Foods, Mess-Free
- The Complete Guide To Eating Fast Food, Guilt-Free
Bennelong is a new Sydney Opera House restaurant that serves Australian “pub food” of the fanciest kind. Its counter bar is quickly becoming famous for its $22 toasted cheese sandwich and $24 sausage roll. That’s not a typo: ordering the pair will cost you close to fifty bucks. Madness? Not according to our resident food critic Simon Thomsen — he reckons they are worthy of the location and price…
Most of us learn to cook through trial and error, cooking shows, or being forced to feed ourselves when no one else will do it. So naturally, no one’s born knowing how to sauté chicken, or blanch vegetables. Here are some basic (but useful) cooking techniques chefs use every day, but the rest of us rarely pick up.
It’s easy to pat yourself on the back for the one vegetable you ate today — and if you normally eat zero, by all means celebrate that healthy eating victory. But singling out foods as “super” or healthy may backfire.