Top Stories food
- Mastercheap 2015: Is It Still Possible To Eat Well For $25 A Week?
- Tip Tester: What's The Best Way To Marinate Inexpensive Steak?
- Six Myths About Digestion That Just Won't Die
- How To Make Sweet Potato Chips At Home
- How To Avoid The Most Common Grilling Mistakes
- The Only Three Things Everybody Agrees On When It Comes To Nutrition
We love scallops and bacon as much as the next person, but bacon-wrapped scallops have always sounded like a poor use of very expensive seafood. All too often, the scallops wind up overcooked and the smokiness of the bacon overpowers their flavour. Luckily, there’s a solution.
When an avocado isn’t as ripe as you want it to be and you just can’t wait to eat it, try this trick to get that avocado ripe in no time.
Chocolate chip ice cream should be easy to DIY. What could possibly be difficult about throwing some chocolate chips into a pint of vanilla? Nothing really, except it might not yield the result you’re looking for. The best way to get bits of chocolate in your ice cream? Make like the Italians and drizzle some in some stracciatella during the last few minutes of churning.
Do you know which foods contain good cholesterol, and which contain bad cholesterol? If you think you do, ha! That’s a trick question! Cholesterol in our food doesn’t come in “good” and “bad” varieties, but cholesterol readings from blood tests do, and the two aren’t as closely connected as we used to think.