Top Stories food
- Why Australians Are So Fat (And How To Fix It)
- Chilli Challenge Post-Mortem: Lessons Learned
- Chilli Challenge #3: Fighting Fire With Hot Water And Sugar
- Chilli Challenge #2: Fighting Fire With White Wine And Carrot
- Chilli Challenge #1: Fighting Fire With Bread And Milk
- Chilli Challenge: What's The Most Effective Way To Stop The Burning?
In the above scene from the science-fiction movie Minority Report, Tom Cruise’s character is harassed by a musical cereal box that wont shut up. It sounds stupidly implausible, but a new study has shown that people actually do prefer snacks that require them to press noise-making buttons. We’re no better than monkeys, in other words.
In 1980 just 10 per cent of Australian adults were obese; by 2012 this figure had risen to 25 per cent, among the highest in the world. The food industry lobby and their friends in government would have us believe this comes down to reduced personal responsibility for what we eat and how much we move.
Green tea is an amazing elixir. You might be able to reap even more health benefits from your cup of green tea by adding lemon, according to a few studies.