Top Stories focus
- Seven Strategies For Regaining Your Focus In A Hectic Workplace
- How To Properly Set Yourself Up For A Technology Cleanse
- The Surprising Benefits (And Pitfalls) Of Being A 'Jack Of All Trades'
- How To Tame Your Work Phone And Be Productive
- The Best Body Hacks To Boost Your Productivity At Work
- Finding Balance Between High Productivity And Burnout
Productivity isn’t just about getting things done. At its core, it’s about being resourceful with your time. In a recent interview with author Charles Duhigg, he told us, “You can spend your entire day being busy and not get anything important done. Productivity is about getting important things done.” In his new book, Smarter Faster Better, Duhigg explores this fuller meaning of productivity and how to achieve it.
Practising mindfulness can mean many different things and has many different benefits, but it isn’t limited to your own improvement. You can also use mindfulness to defuse emotionally charged moments between you and your partner. Here’s what we mean.
Whether you’re trying to focus and get some work done, you need to chill out and relax, or you want something soothing to help you drift off to sleep, Brain.fm has tunes that can help you out. The compositions are completely original, so don’t expect to hear songs you know, but they do work like a charm.
Distractions aren’t ideal for most tasks, but they serve a purpose when it comes to brainstorming. 99U suggests a simple rule of thumb: embrace distractions when it comes to generating ideas; embrace focus when it comes to implementing ideas.