Top Stories focus
- How To Properly Set Yourself Up For A Technology Cleanse
- The Surprising Benefits (And Pitfalls) Of Being A 'Jack Of All Trades'
- How To Tame Your Work Phone And Be Productive
- The Best Body Hacks To Boost Your Productivity At Work
- Finding Balance Between High Productivity And Burnout
- How I Turned My iPhone Into A Simple, Distraction-Free Device
Every once in a while it’s good to take pause and evaluate how you use technology in your everyday life. One way of doing so is to do a ” technology cleanse”: get off the grid, if only for a little while, and see how it affects you. But you shouldn’t just quit cold turkey; here’s how to prepare for your digital detox.
People look down on the multitalented — even the phrase “Jack of all trades, master of none” has a bit of a negative caveat. But there are a lot hidden perks that come with being a Jack. These are the best reasons you might want to reconsider the notion that a Jack of All Trades can’t be equally as successful.
If it seems like you have too many things that you want to do, some prioritising can help a lot. You can whittle away less important things by asking yourself a couple questions regarding how dedicated you really are.
A dozen great ideas are useless if you can’t follow them through. Even with endless ambition, having too many goals can pull you in too many directions, making it difficult to actually finish anything. Instead, you need to choose a small number of goals and focus your attention.