Top Stories focus
- Seven Strategies For Regaining Your Focus In A Hectic Workplace
- How To Properly Set Yourself Up For A Technology Cleanse
- The Surprising Benefits (And Pitfalls) Of Being A 'Jack Of All Trades'
- How To Tame Your Work Phone And Be Productive
- The Best Body Hacks To Boost Your Productivity At Work
- Finding Balance Between High Productivity And Burnout
There’s a big difference between being busy and actually being productive. Oddly enough, being busy often feels good because it’s familiar and it makes us feel productive. Productivity may feel good, but sometimes making true progress means giving up that feeling.
If you’re having trouble with focusing at work, maybe an app that blocks distractions isn’t quite what you need. Maybe you just need a good, old-fashioned shaming. This AutoHotkey script can give you the nudge you need.
OS X: HazeOver makes it easy to focus on the task at hand, even if you have multiple windows open on your Mac. All it does is dim background windows and your desktop, while keeping the front, active window bright on top of all of them. When you switch so does the lighting, helping you to stay focused without distractions.