Top Stories firefox
- Everything You Can Do With Adblock Plus (That Isn't Just Blocking Ads)
- Track Third-Party Website Connections With Mozilla's Lightbeam
- The Best Extensions And User Scripts To Power Up Feedly
- The Best Extensions To Supercharge Firefox's New Tab Page
- Lifehacker Pack For Firefox 2013: Our List Of The Best Extensions
- This HTML5 Bug Lets Web Sites Fill Your Hard Drive (With Cat Pictures)
Firefox’s redesigned user interface, nicknamed “Australis”, inches ever closer. The latest move is its appearance in the browser’s Nightly build, which suggests we’ll be seeing it in the mainline version in the near future. Quite a few brave users have already given it a try and the early results are in… and they’re not positive. According to a report published by Mozilla, less than 20 per cent of users are happy with the new UI.
YouTube is infamous for its annoyances and its cluttered interface. If you want to just get down to watching videos without all the junk, Adblock Plus has added support for a new, streamlined YouTube experience that gets rid of all kinds of cruft.
It’s hard to get a clear picture of what sites your browser is communicating with as you traverse the myriad destinations provided by the internet. Sure, it’s obvious what website you’re looking at, but what other connections are being made in the background? Now Firefox users can see a visualisation of this information using a Mozilla-developed add-on called Lightbeam.
Chrome/Firefox/Opera: If you aren’t completely overjoyed with Steam already, previously mentioned Enhanced Steam is a browser extension that adds a lot of extra info to Steam in your browser.