Top Stories file sharing
- Can Kim Dotcom's Mega Beat The Law Where Megaupload Failed?
- Top 10 Ways To Disregard Authority And Stick It To The Man
- Turn An Old Computer Into A Networked Backup Or Streaming Machine
- Desktop File Syncing Faceoff: Dropbox Vs Google Drive
- What Would It Take For You To Stop Pirating?
- How You're Breaking The Law Every Day (And What You Can Do About It)
Android/iOS/Chrome/Firefox/Safari: The latest version of Dolphin Browser, our top pick for Android, can broadcast shared web pages over Wi-Fi so that any other Dolphin user on the same network can view it. Now it also offers desktop browser extensions so you can quickly send directions, tabs, maps and other content to your phone or tablet.
Dear Lifehacker, After reading some of your previous stories I made the switch to Usenet, and have been happily grabbing Linux distros and whatnot for the past year or so. NZBMatrix went under last night, and I was wondering if you would be able to provide a list of worthy alternatives? Premium features like indexing by media type and quality really set it apart for me.
Dear Lifehacker, I have followed your guide to building a home server with FreeNAS, but I’m not sure what to do with the permissions on my files. Can I just set them all to 777, or is that insecure? This stuff is like Chinese to me, help!
Dear Lifehacker, My wife just got her first iPhone, and I want to streamline everything we do: share our contact lists, calendars, task lists and grocery lists. so we don’t have two versions of everything floating around. How can I do this? I want as much of our daily info as collaborative as possible.