Top Stories electronics
- Top 10 Things You Can Upgrade With A Little Electronics Hacking
- 10 More Awesome Projects For Your Raspberry Pi
- Turn A Raspberry Pi Into An AirPlay Receiver For Streaming Music
- Turn A Raspberry Pi Into A Personal VPN
- Turn A Raspberry Pi Into An XBMC Media Centre In Under 30 Minutes
- A Beginner's Guide To The Raspberry Pi
Desoldering stations are expensive, but it’s the best option if you want to get solder off your electronics. If you don’t mind doing a bit of the legwork yourself, DIY enthusiast Sable Wolf shows off how to build a desoldering station.
Aan arcade stick is great for retro games, and also for newer titles such fighting games and arcade-style shooters. If you don’t want to drop a heap of cash on one, the folks at Adafruit have a guide to building your own that connects wirelessly to your PC via Bluetooth.
The Raspberry Pi is a remarkably capable portable computer that constantly surprises us. Dave Conroy found a use for it we couldn’t have imagined: he turned his into a translation device capable of translating over 60 languages. It supports speech recognition and playback, and the whole task is all done with free software.