Top Stories desks
- The Workspace With Its Own Office Dog
- How To Set Up Your Workplace For Maximum Efficiency And Comfort
- Atmail's Queensland HQ: Beaches, Boards And Beer
- IKEA Just Killed Off The Galant Desk: Here Are Our Favourite Hacks
- Why I Killed My Standing Desk, And What I Do Instead
- How To Craft The Perfect Home Office
My work desk is in sore need of tidying up — which is putting things politely. The constant influx of parcels and letters coupled with an endlessly busy schedule means that clutter keeping piling up. Before I know it, I’m working beneath a to-scale model of the Tower Of Babel that I pretend I can’t see…Until it topples over me. If this sounds sheepishly familiar, you need to follow some of the tips in this infographic, like me.
Back in the 1980s, most office desks were identikit oblongs dominated by huge beige computer monitors and chunky keyboards. (If you were lucky, there was maybe enough room for a notepad, stapler and dictionary.) These days, the office desk is a much sleeker beast thanks to the rise of digital media and all-new ways of working. This infographic takes a look at the desk’s evolution: from the days of the Compaq Portable to the trendy era of desk cycles.