Top Stories cooking
- Two Ways To Turn Vegetables Into Noodles Without A Spiralizer
- Don't Buy Expensive Knife Sets: These Four Knives Are All You Need
- How To Freeze Vegetables For Maximum Freshness
- How To Cook Great Food On Holiday (Without A Lot Of Tools)
- Why Eggs Are Such A Hackable Food (But Difficult To Get Right)
- The Best Last-Minute Tips For Saving Your Turkey
We’ve already established that there’s no need to spend money on store-bought salad dressing when you can make a bunch of your own using a few guidelines. But if you learn just one all-purpose dressing, make it this perfect lemon vinaigrette.
Sometimes you don’t have the time or patience for a recipe (or you just have some leftover ingredients). This chart shows you a simple formula to put together any slow cooker meal.
We’ve talked about freezing and microwaving as great ways to extend the life of herbs. Here’s another superb way to make the most of those herbaceous leaves: make a rub.
Homemade green smoothies are a fast, easy and inexpensive way to get fibre, folate, vitamins and antioxidants in your diet. One trick that will make whipping them up not just easier but also more convenient is to freeze some kale cubes ahead of time.
The key to a successful diet is finding something you’ll actually stick to. If you haven’t found that yet, Alton Brown’s four list approach may help.