Top Stories clutter
- What Professional Organisers Really Do, And How They Can Help
- Give Yourself A Clean Slate With These Spring Cleaning Projects
- Four Ways To Minimise Your Key Ring
- How To Clean Up And Fine-Tune Your Twitter Feed
- Seven 52-Week Challenges For An Incredibly Productive Year
- How To Totally Declutter Your Facebook News Feed
When you’re trying to minimise the amount of clutter you have around the house, there are a lot of things that can hold you back. Don’t let guilt be one of them.
Many of us get stressed and can’t let go of our problems. Buddhism teaches the concept of “non-attachment” to allow us to move on from what’s bothering us. Giving up a few material possessions with intention might jump-start the process.
Most of us have trouble deciding what to wear at least sometimes. Creating a basic capsule wardrobe can help, but some people prefer a little more variety. To eliminate outfit indecision, dedicate an area in your closet to clothes that go with anything.
Many of us put off decluttering our closets until they’re so packed and we have no choice to but evaluate the space, but cleaning as you go is better. Make it easier on yourself with a discard bag in the closet and this quick rule of thumb.