- Ask LH: Which Programming Language Should I Learn First?
- The Best Hidden Settings You Can Unlock With OS X's Terminal
- How To Have Great Ideas More Often, According To Science
- How To Keep Your Kids' Presents Hidden This Christmas
- Jay-Z's Best Productivity Tricks
- What A Social NUI Is (And Why Developers Should Care)
Gadgets are great but nobody wants a hallway table littered with charging gadgets and cables. This novel hack turns an opaque vase into a secret charging station.
Most device chargers aren’t particularly energy efficient. The bulky black boxes slowly suck energy even when you’re not charging, but this novel charging station ends that waste.
A single cable has never been all that big of a problem in the clutter department. It’s when you start adding cable after cable that things get ugly.
If a full-sized charging station is overkill for your single mobile phone or iPod, try this smaller gadget cradle that mounts neatly on a wall outlet. Craft blog Zakka Life put together a simple tutorial for making a cradle that’s perfect for single, regularly-charged items—the kinds of things you dump out of your pockets upon returning home. The DIY project pictured here is made from a bottle of lotion. Assuming you have a similar empty bottle from your own bathroom, the only cost is the few minutes you’ll spend making it. The tutorial at Zakka Life has step-by-step pictures and more information about how to make it work for your wall. Cellphone Holder for Charging [via Unclutterer]